Sunday, July 22, 2007

Honeymoon at Fire Creek

A story I wrote was published in the Licton Springs Review not too long ago, and I wanted to do an illustration to accompany it. I've been going through some Adobe Illustrator tutorials recently, and wanted to apply the techniques I learned towards some type of digital illustration style. I'd like to work on different styles for this piece, maybe take the Illustrator version and recreate it in a more traditional medium. The more I learn about Illustrator, the more impressed I am.

Bonus illustration by my friend and co-worker Drake, who was kind enough to sketch up his version of an illustration possibility for the story. Hmmmm...what in the world could it POSSIBLY be about?

1 comment:

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Ian, this turned out great! Very cool concept and execution. And um, mine doesn't deserve to be posted...